When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1891 New Mail Gentlemans Light Roadster

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just a w.a.g. from a novice but prolly get 10-20k just on -bay, maybe more at the right auction? I could see someone like Jay Leno easily wanting it enough to give that for it.

Last edited:
thanks

thanks again for all the interest in this very nice hard tired safety ,, good idea about jay leno ,,i have his home phone number so i might give a call , in reality i do not have any intention of selling the new mail. i have museums and private collectors all over the world who are trying to make things happen .. one collector has tried to obtain the bike..,, and offered a bike that he has for sale for 12,000.00.. and that scene was rejected , i am not hungry, and have more stuff to sell-- unusual items--hard to find-historical-i will probably sell my highwheel bicycle that i have owned since nov. 75, and rode across america in 1984 -raced at indy ,gainsville dragway, taken to europe 2 times -the list goes on and on .. the new mail is sculpture-art etc. to me ,. in 1991-i sold the 5th one of these type new mails for 6,500.00,this is the 6th new mail of this type known in the world ,. If you know of a similar machine , please let us know so it can be included and studied,.. if you want to see the only 1 with pnematic tires ,,check out Glenn Eames @ old spokes home his shop in burlington vermont ,, ,, also if you want to see some detailed photos ,they can be seen at the velocipede salon website ,, sign up and search 1890 new mail=thanks again,, walter branche - searching and selecting for over 40 years,, home of velocipede ventures and florida cycle forensics,,,,,..... charlie stewart -reno nevada,, bicycle museum of america- new breman ohio,--glenn eames burlington vermont,, jim spillane ,,con..,walter branche -ocoee florida ,, there is another that i forgot who or where it is ..

Very nice machine. It's a piece of art. Hard to believe that this is over 100 years old.

So I was just looking around to try and find some info out about one of these New Mail light roadster bicycles I just picked out of a garage here in Indiana and wow what a surprise. We do estate auctions and we just find one of these bad boys in the garage of an estate we are going to be selling. Had no idea they were this rare. Curious as to how many are known of now in 2019. We have not unloaded it yet but as soon as we do I will post some pictures of it. Any other info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to any who reply.

So I was just looking around to try and find some info out about one of these New Mail light roadster bicycles I just picked out of a garage here in Indiana and wow what a surprise. We do estate auctions and we just find one of these bad boys in the garage of an estate we are going to be selling. Had no idea they were this rare. Curious as to how many are known of now in 2019. We have not unloaded it yet but as soon as we do I will post some pictures of it. Any other info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to any who reply. Several have asked. Auction will be held July 21st at 11:00am at 120 E.Spruce st Princeton Indiana. Phone and absentee bidding are always welcomed.

20190624_103702.jpg

20190624_103741.jpg

20190624_103747.jpg

20190624_103749.jpg

20190624_103802.jpg

20190624_103828.jpg

20190624_103838.jpg

20190624_103846.jpg

Back