When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1891? Rambler Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The wheels on my c.1900-1915 Kenwood have a similar red hue to them. I sent a picture to a friend who works for the National Trust and his colleagues believe it's a red-tinted varnish. Yours looks like a more intense red than mine but could be the lighting. Looks like yours and possibly mine had a gold (?) pinstripe too.

IMG_4075.JPG

The wheels on my c.1900-1915 Kenwood have a similar red hue to them. I sent a picture to a friend who works for the National Trust and his colleagues believe it's a red-tinted varnish. Yours looks like a more intense red than mine but could be the lighting. Looks like yours and possibly mine had a gold (?) pinstripe too.

View attachment 893847

I never received the original wheels, just the solid tires and hubs... wheels must have been a lost cause?

I loosened both pedals on their shafts (not an easy task, used Kroil and let sit). I'm currently having one of the pedals that was received damaged professionally repaired and then she'll be finished. (enough for me). Better pics will come.

Last edited:

View attachment 893847
Wheel off a 1924 Schwinn looks to be of similar color.

DSC_0989.JPG

DSC_0993.JPG

Back