When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1892 Columbia Light Roadster Safety HELP

-

ace

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Can anyone share a couple of pics of the brake assembly? Mine is missing all the components and I'd like to fabricate the entire set up. Thanks for any help!

terrys  shop stuff 019.jpg

Have not seen any close ups so thank you very much. Looks pretty straight forward. Now the hunt for seat and post. Thanks again!

Have not seen any close ups so thank you very much. Looks pretty straight forward. Now the hunt for seat and post. Thanks again!

No sweat, I was curious anyway. friggen friction brake? LOL. ok not funny but, dang, good bye tires!, Ba, ba, bye bye! .

And,, go to the link I supplied: http://www.oldbike.eu/centurycolumbia/?page_id=346 they've got more close-ups of another. plus those guys ought to be able to set you straight, sure hope ya ain't looking for this seat and neck!

1892 link: http://www.oldbike.eu/centurycolumbia/

1891_Columbia_Light_Roadster_museumjpg-1.jpg

OMG that's a monstrosity! Yet in a strange way kind looks sort of comfortable. Cushy, bouncy, springy in front and back.

1892_centuryjpg-1.jpg

BTW, check out their cool guarantee!. If ya catch a thief and get him convicted, they'll give ya 100 bucks!.. OMG these guys were expensive! 1892 $140 bucks? Geez, that's 7 ounces of friggen GOLD! ! $8,400 today!

You can buy the best bike in the friggen world for that now.. My local Trek store's highest priced bike is only $5,000.

Last edited:
Columbia bicycle 1893 not 1892

Im almost positive your bike is an 1893 Model 27 and not the 1892 you may think it is.
I could not find your frame in the 1892 catalogue and only comes up for 1893.

Also pics of it where you can add a gun side mount and bags in the catalogue.

Here's the pic of what your bike should look like complete though >

Hope this helps for what it should look like anyway …...

model 27.png

Im almost positive your bike is an 1893 Model 27 and not the 1892 you may think it is.
I could not find your frame in the 1892 catalogue and only comes up for 1893.

Also pics of it where you can add a gun side mount and bags in the catalogue.

Here's the pic of what your bike should look like complete though >

Hope this helps for what it should look like anyway …...

what the heck do I know? little to nothing but, I am a google search monster, lol. these days, everything ya wanna and much of what ya don't, is easy to look up.
oldbike.eu has the 1892 catalog on their site, and here it is and only 10 bucks, half an ounce of gold more :
Link to catalog: http://www.oldbike.eu/centurycolumbia/?page_id=121

1892_Century_Columbia_01jpg-1.jpg

1892_Century_Columbia_16jpg-1.jpg

The big question: If fully restored, will it still fetch 7 20 dollar double eagles? ($4,800)

ljpg-1.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting!!!!!!

Mine only comes up as 1893 and as a Model 27.

Seems like they called it the roadster in '92 but my catalogue doesn't have it.

Great bike and a heck of a project getting all the right pieces together to
complete it as the catalogue picture.

The bars in the picture / catalogue are the straight type that are on my model 37.
My model 37 shows the bars that are on your bike with the slight drop. Your bike seems
like it should have the straight back type that is on my bike - same as the catalogue pic.
So … my bars should be on your bike and your bars should be on my bike!! ( Wow!! )

Cheers

L1110586.JPG

1894_BICYCLES_OLDBIKE_MUSEUM_1.jpg

Mine has a few differences. The rear fender is part of the frame with no post tube. Also the fender stops just past clamp. The bars on mine i'm sure are original to it. Thanks.

Back