When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1892 sterling track bike find.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

redline1968

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
picked this up last weekend. I did not have my camera at the time so i finally got it back. here is my new find. it is a 1892 sterling track bike it has nos and restored parts. it apperars to be restored at least 40 yrs ago using original and replated nickel parts and laquer paint. it is green in color i tellyou that this paint almost fooled me on original because of the age. the wheels are true and runs great. only one thing its missing the back crank arm and peddle. the seat is original and i guess is period correct. it was found in a storage unit in vancouver washington. really cool bike.

Nice, I'd love to have that. I'm working on trying to put together a late 1890's bike right now

not 1892 ,send an email address, and i will send you some photos of my 1st year ladies bike,..... on the early machines ,there is a fixed handlebar stem, also the hubs are similar ,, not exactly the same as what is shown on your bike ,,, does yours have a cupless frame ,where the front forks match up to the bottom of the frame neck?? the nameplate-uses 92 as some of the dates of the patents, the rear chainstays are like my bike ,, my serial number is 00045 -there are other differences .. they are high quality bikes ,, like the name says built like a watch, my wifes bike is a very rare 26 inch size,,it will be for sale

thanks, the bike was given to this dude for free just as you see it. yes the cup is fixed and numbers are stamped to it. the tube is 1" in diameter. here is some more photos for reference. copeke has one with the same badge and is listed as a 92. no reason to believe different. walt, i'd love to see your bike. mark

Last edited:
Back