When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1893? Remington ladies model

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Very cool.
Great simple badge.
Could you post pictures of the seat frame? Especially the rear ( how the bottom frame attaches to the rear "C" frame.
Sorry this took me so long Max…

@lgrinnings
Lester, Your bike is an 1894 Woman's Remington Safety Model E.

I looked through both my 1893 and 1894 Remington catalogs. 1893 had nothing at all comparable. 1894 catalog introduced your woman's model E as their new 1894 pattern.

In the first paragraph of catalog Page 13 it states: "this type of machine" (meaning their previous woman's model which looked nothing like your bike) and later in paragraph they state: "we have brought out the design here submitted as our '94 pattern" so clearly your bike is a NEW for 1894 model.

I hope this catalog information helps,
Tyson
1894 Remington Model E.jpg

Last edited:
@lgrinnings
Lester, Your bike is an 1894 Woman's Remington Safety Model E.
Perfect. This certainly corroborates my revised thinking. Again, the low serial number pushed me towards 1893, but clearly, 1894 is where it's at. Wonderful to have a catalog page too. With no mention of wooden bars and a seemingly internal plunger brake mechanism, it may be safe to say my bars aren't original. Thanks Tyson!

Back