When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~ 1893 Singer ~

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

willswares1220

I live for the CABE
I picked up this interesting early bike the other day and it appears to be completely original except for the smaller 28 inch wood outer rim on the front. I'm assuming that the original outer rim must have been a larger metal one like the rear ( approximately 29 or 30 inches or so with the tire on ) The radial spoked front hub looks original to the bike as well as the cutdown spokes ( a shame ) I was wondering if Singer ever had an identification badge of any sort or was it just a decal? I checked the frame all over and I don't see any mounting holes whatsoever. So it's anyones quess!

Last edited:
Wow, nice find - that's a really cool bike. The only Singer I've had was an 1880s high wheel and "Singer & Co." was stamped into the front of the head right at the top - not sure how they may have marked their safeties.

1893 Singer

Thanks for the compliment and that seat is quite comfortable!

The only markings I can find so far are serial numbers ( 9057 ) stamped on both the bottom/front of the headtube and the top of the fork. I quess I'll have to keep searching. With luck, it may be stamped Singer somewhere.

I'm sorry, but the bike isn't for sale. I collect the early, more primative type of bicycles for some strange reason. I do like all of the bells & whistles on the bikes most of the other guys collect, but prefer the earlier, more basic bicycles and always did. That's what's fun about this hobby. ( the diversity of collecting )

Here are some photo's of the crank hanger, chain, etc.

Last edited:
please consider me interested if a sale or trade is something you might be inclined to.....

Last edited:
Some bikes of that era had different sized wheels, so it could be original. Is this a cushion tire or a pneumatic?

Yes, what Brian said. I'm not saying it isn't and I'd like to see closer shots of the crank bearings, that may help. The bike is a bit new for my area of expertise, particularly on the English stuff

I'll bet that is the correct front wheel size.

That's a killer machine..........!

Back