When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1893 Templar Hill Race Sprinter

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Very unique! Looks like the builders of this machine were influenced by the early british bikes. Cottered cranks, "headclip" sort of headset, even the seat stay to top tube fitting connection , very simillar. 40 X 32 spoke count etc., all very english. Gotta love the bars, and fantastic "pencil" BB!

Here is the badge I need or one with a different name but the same exterior decoration:
E201E62A-BFE8-4DE1-AA77-9894A0E8E337.jpg

These bars amazing bars intrigue me the most about this bicycle. It is amazing we haven't yet discovered the maker.

I am still on the look out for a Templar or Duke badge to finish this bicycle. Does anyone have one I could borrow or could I send silicone two-part to have an impression taken?

Last edited:
Brant .. I'm pretty sure this bike is a:

Saint Nicholas called "THE VARSITY".

One way to identify the bike is to compare the lugs, the chainring, rear dropouts and the seat cluster. For me these are the most important parts to compare and come up with something that is near identical. Then the bike in question might be a different model or a year newer or older. In this case I personally think this bike shown is an 1894 but I'll compare it to an 1893 - I'm positive this bike is what I believe "Varsity". The lugs are about 100% identical. The seat cluster is about 100% identical. The rear dropout is a dead giveaway as being about 100% identical. And the chainring is for me a dead ringer. Combine this together and I'm pretty sure this is what the bike could be. Again my comparisons are a year earlier most likely. But nothing really changed much for these bikes for an 1893 or 1894 as they are usually about the same during this time. So it could be an 1893 but all is a guess here. Again I say "Saint Nicholas - VARSITY". (Remember that drawing sketches are only approximate for us to go by!)

Last edited:
Back