When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1894-1898 Ladies Safety Pinstriping

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
There may be some water slide transfer decals for sewing machine restoration that might have the old and fancy look.
What do sewing machines and bicycles have in common — one might ask?
Thanks I have been pouring over available sewing machine decals but I found something kinda interesting. Most are not symmetrical which makes it problematic when applying to tubing

Here is a whole thread about TOC bicycles with original paint. Many of the examples include good images of original pinstriping and transfers.

Paul Rubenson
Thanks Paul, I actually started that post as well. LOL

Ed, another contact to have reproduction decals made is Gus Salmon @Gus
Is this for your Sterling? Decoration at this time was company specific. Some companies only striped their bicycles, some did just filigree decoration, others did both. Filigree was most often transfer decals but not always (again company specific); I have two bicycles in my collection with hand painted filigree.
If this is for your Sterling you should ask the specifically: @Barnegatbicycles @Jesse McCauley @redline1968
as I believe they own original paint examples.
Here is an Ebay seller in Florida that offers a heap of filigree decals. https://www.ebay.com/sch/keesew/m.html?item=362756451143&hash=item5475f82b47:g:7sAAAOSw9rJemLvj&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
Thank you Brant, yes it is for the Sterling. Funny you mention Gus. The very first Cabe member I turned to was Gus because I purchased some Iver Johnson decals from him and the decals were amazing. Sadly he said he didn't have enough to go from to recreate something. I agree that decals were probably maker specific and that is the conundrum I wish I had good pictures of the Sterling filagree decals so I could replicate them.

I believe most TOC decoration were actually transfers and not paint or decals. V/r Shawn
Thanks Shawn, I think you are probably correct but I would be hard pressed to recreate some transfers so I am hoping for waterslide decals.

Here are some blurry close ups of Sterling decoration.

Back