When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1895 Globe

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
I was told this is an 1895 but I would appreciate any info. As a note the handlebars on this bike are wood-hickory? Thanks,Shawn

Attachments

• globe side.jpg
    globe side.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 115
  • globe front.jpg
    globe front.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 97
  • globe rack.jpg
    globe rack.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 75
  • globe crank.jpg
    globe crank.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 84
  • globe brake.jpg
    globe brake.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 91
Very nice bike! Wooden handlebars were pretty popular at the turn of the 19th century- they were light and absorbed some of the road shock. The rear rack is great! The Corbin coaster brake should have a model number on it somewhere that will narrow down when the hub was made. It could be original, or it could be an upgrade.

Wow o wow! Very cool bike! How about a close up shot of the badge?

Thanks Scott and here ya go. This bike does not have a headbadge but rather a decal or some sort of transfer. If you are a student of Buffalo history you will notice that this design looks similar to the one seen frequently for the 1901 Pan American Expo held in Buffalo. Its kinda hard to tell but there is a buffalo running across the top of the globe. This is an original paint bike which is black and there are traces left of the fine gold leaf pinstriping that once covered this bike. At some point the tires were replaced but they are cracking so I'm guessing that was more than a few years ago. From what I understand this bike came from a museum somewhere. I don't know much about it other than Globe only manufactured bikes from 1893-98. This bike will be available once I have an idea what it's worth. v/r Shawn
Wow o wow! Very cool bike! How about a close up shot of the badge?

Attachments

• Globe Decal.jpg
    Globe Decal.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 81
Very cool bike Shawn, ya gotta love the hickory handlebars! I see numbers on the rear dropout, I wonder if anyone can decipher anything from that? Good luck with selling it, I imagine it should command a fairly decent price.

Back