When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1896 Iver Johnson Lady Recently Unearthed !

-

Handyman

I live for the CABE
This is a surviving example, of an 1896 Iver Johnson Model C, “Fitchburg” Ladies Roadster. 1896 was the first year that the Iver Johnson Company built cycles that would carry their own name. The company offered a complete line of “Iver Johnson” badged bicycles and a second line of “Fitchburg” badged bicycles. Three different models of “Fitchburg” cycles were offered in 1896, a Model A, “Men’s Light Roadster”, a Model B, “Men’s Full Roadster”, and a Model C, “Ladies Roadster”.

This cycle having serial # 32174, is an early example and fairly close to the beginning of production. This bike was rescued from a barn in Branford, CT where it sat with little notice, for decades. Although in somewhat of a rough condition, it is an absolutely complete and original survivor that somehow continued to exist against all odds, to pass on its story. Pete in Fitchburg

Click Here For More Pics: http://boulderartgallery.com/Iver_Johnson_Bicycle_Collection/IverJohnson_Page_28.html

1896 1.jpg
1896 4.jpg
1896 5.jpg
1896 8.jpg
1896 20.jpg
1896 22.jpg
1896 23.jpg
1896 25.jpg
1896 30.jpg
1896 27.jpg
1896 28.jpg
1896 29.jpg

Last edited:
real nice Iver, I think it's in pretty good shape, and complete for the YOM
is it just me seeing things or does the serial number really have (5) numbers #32174?

real nice Iver, I think it's in pretty good shape, and complete for the YOM
is it just me seeing things or does the serial number really have (5) numbers #32174?

You are correct locomotion................in my haste to find the serial number, I missed that last digit, the 4. I was close, only about 29,000 units off !! Pete in Fitchburg

Very very nice barn find . Love the front brake! Are those " Highway pegs" on the fork?

Back