When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1896 PUNNETT COMPANION SIDE-BY-SIDE BICYCLE

-

mike cates

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
These photos show a 1896 PUNNETT COMPANION side-by-side bicycle back when I found it years ago. I have the correct Man's and Woman's Christy saddles for it. It has been disassembled since then and some restoration work (paint and nickel plating) had been done but, like all of us bicycle collectors, I got busy with other bicycle projects. Will make a nice example when completed. Let me know if you are seriously interested (no lookie-loos) as these are scarce to find as you well know. This is the second and last one I have ever owned and the riding experience it amazing. Note that there is a third (center) seat post position as you see on the frame for solo riding or when a beau was riding over to his date's house, he could put his seat in the center position and use the inner right and left side pedals, hold one hand on each of the right and left handlebars and proceed to her house. Upon arrival he'd switch his seat back to his side and then the couple could ride together and enjoy each other's company.......side-by-side.
$8500 and I can box and ship at additional cost to buyer.
Mike Cates, CA.
(760) 473-6201 Voice Calls Only and I Do Not Text.
Email: [email protected]

LAST THREE PHOTOS ARE OF MY 1ST PUNNETT THAT I RESTORED AND SOLD 20 YEARS AGO. NOTE PROBABLY THE FIRST EXAMPLES OF QUICK RELEASE SEAT POST CLAMPS AIDING IN THE QUICK RELOCATION OR SWAPPING FROM SIDE TO SIDE OF THE SEATS AND FOR RIDING SOLO!

DSCN5744.JPG

DSCN5745.JPG

DSCN5746.JPG

DSCN5747.JPG

DSCN5748.JPG

DSCN5749.JPG

DSCN5750.JPG

DSCN5751.JPG

DSCN5752.JPG

DSCN5753.JPG

DSCN5754.JPG

DSCN5756.JPG