When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1896? Victor

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

oldmtrcyc

I live for the CABE
I bought this about a year ago. I am now getting ready to work on it a bit. I think it is about 1896?. Serial number is 95799. The front rim is solid, but as curved as a potato chip. The tire still holds air. Back rim is a bit wavy, but workable. Anyone ever have luck either steaming a rim and pressing it at the same time? I also would like the redo the seat. Any good pictures of an original, and what material to use?

Last edited:

You can use 0000 steel or bronze wool and a brass wire brush to help you with cleaning. I like Waxoyl for coating an original bike

I have the exact same bicycle and when I say exact, every features are the same down to the old cork grips. Only difference I can see are the pedals and the badge.
Mine is badge as a VICTORIA. Is yours really badge a VICTOR? I would expect a ladies bike badged as a Victoria. Maybe a replaced badged on your bike!
My bike has the old style Victoria rounded badge, and the oldest patent date on it is 1893.
Did you ever remove your badge, maybe there is another badge shadow under it.
My serial is only 4 digits. 3500

As far as the seat, I would expect something like this ...

I have the exact same bicycle and when I say exact, every features are the same down to the old cork grips. Only difference I can see are the pedals and the badge.
Mine is badge as a VICTORIA. Is yours really badge a VICTOR? I would expect a ladies bike badged as a Victoria. Maybe a replaced badged on your bike!
My bike has the old style Victoria rounded badge, and the oldest patent date on it is 1893.
Did you ever remove your badge, maybe there is another badge shadow under it.
My serial is only 4 digits. 3500
My badge says Victor. Been on there always, or so it looks. I could be wrong, but I don't think the Victoria badge came out until late 1890's. I'll post the serial number and a better pic of badge.

My badge says Victor. Been on there always, or so it looks. I could be wrong, but I don't think the Victoria badge came out until late 1890's. I'll post the serial number and a better pic of badge.

The badge on my bike says Victoria and the latest patent date on the badge is 1893.

Back