When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1897 Black MFG Tribune Special Triplet

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$4000
Zipcode

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
1897 was the first year that Black MFG / Tribune offered a triplet model in their catalog and it was immediately popular.
This is one of those first year models, distinguished by just a few small variables from the triplet models of the following few years.
This particular bicycle features a great deal of early hardware that appears to be a 'team build' including the interesting paint work.

Heavy duty wheelset with 40 hole rear
Black MFG dual clamp stem on front end (advert attached)
Block chain throughout all three drive lengths.
Five out of the original six interesting racey pedals still survive, one crank arm was damaged at the pedal mount but it is still present to be repaired or replaced in the future should you desire.

There is minor damage throughout. I would consider this machine to be "retired" and worthy of being displayed with respect rather than ridden clumsily by drunk friends on a boardwalk as was the tradition in the mid 20th century.

I rebuilt this machine from frame state in an attempt to recreate the power of the original build and team which piloted it.

Included in this sale is an original cabinet photo of a triplet team and their many supporting members, quite a proud crew. Multiple variables lead me to believe this is a Tribune triplet pictured but I cannot be 100% sure.

I am happy to add any more photos necessary for any serious parties.
It can be held until pickup or delivery can be arranged from Richmond, VA.

If pickup is the plan I can offer help in handling.

$4,000 USD via cash, check, or MO
Barter options available in a case by case basis

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Tribune Triplet Finished.jpg

1897 Tribune Triplet Catalog Page.jpg

Tribune front end.jpg

Tribune Special Badge.jpg

Tribune Pedal detail.jpg

Tribune Triplet Pedal Detail2.jpg

Tribune Front end2.jpg

Tribune 40 hole rear wheel.jpg

Triplet photo.jpg

Last edited:
1897 was the first year that Black MFG / Tribune offered a triplet model in their catalog and it was immediately popular.
This is one of those first year models, distinguished by just a few small variables from the triplet models of the following few years.
This particular bicycle features a great deal of early hardware that appears to be a 'team build' including the interesting paint work.

Heavy duty wheelset with 40 hole rear
Black MFG dual clamp stem on front end (advert attached)
Block chain throughout all three drive lengths.
Five out of the original six interesting racey pedals still survive, one crank arm was damaged at the pedal mount but it is still present to be repaired or replaced in the future should you desire.

There is minor damage throughout. I would consider this machine to be "retired" and worthy of being displayed with respect rather than ridden clumsily by drunk friends on a boardwalk as was the tradition in the mid 20th century.

I rebuilt this machine from frame state in an attempt to recreate the power of the original build and team which piloted it.

Included in this sale is an original cabinet photo of a triplet team and their many supporting members, quite a proud crew. Multiple variables lead me to believe this is a Tribune triplet pictured but I cannot be 100% sure.

I am happy to add any more photos necessary for any serious parties.
It can be held until pickup or delivery can be arranged from Richmond, VA.

If pickup is the plan I can offer help in handling.

$4,000 USD via cash, check, or MO
Barter options available in a case by case basis

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

View attachment 1837381

View attachment 1837382

View attachment 1837383

View attachment 1837384

View attachment 1837385

View attachment 1837386

View attachment 1837387

View attachment 1837388

View attachment 1837389
Wow....carlton like....

Back