When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1897 Crescent courting bicycle

-
Thank Ed, I'm loving these Continental Retro rides myself. Besides having a very classic look they're 2" wide. Took the old gal for a shakedown cruise down by the old mill stream. Maneuvers like a tractor trailer but is pretty fun overall. Fabricating the chain guard & my wife is expressing interest in riding it too. Hope springs eternal.

fullsizeoutput_aed.jpeg

Pretty much done... for now. Fabricated a decent chain guard, rides pretty nice, still haven't gotten my wife on it yet. Trying to subtly age & patina the newer additions to match the original nickel on the bike. Always on the lookout for upgradeable parts, & there are many, for this bike

fullsizeoutput_b04.jpeg

Last edited:
Pretty much done... for now. Fabricated a decent chain guard, rides pretty nice, still haven't gotten my wife on it yet. Trying to subtly age & patina the newer additions to match the original nickel on the bike. Always on the lookout for upgradeable parts, & there are many, for this bike

View attachment 996361
Continental RetroRide
I have them on my tandem.
Great tires, with durability....

0E9392F8-B963-4E50-99E2-AA835D4D4FB8.jpeg

FC1B59D6-9B87-4876-BC8D-C12A5929C8D8.jpeg

040F5323-D950-4A62-AF6C-CE816329C60D.jpeg

Last edited:
Back