When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1897 Crescent courting bicycle

-
Rexnord Industries makes 1" pitch block chain in several widths. They do not sell direct but can purchase chain and links through Applied Industrial Technologies (they have 450 service centers in North America). I paid $14.25 per foot for 1/2" width block chain. 1/4” should cost less per foot.

rexnord-block-chain-jpg-jpg.jpg

It's gonna be in the mid nineties today, great for painting. The last color didn't quite work out. There is & there isn't a lot of difference between a TOC light olive & a 1970's leisure suit bright green. Just a shade or two. Hoping that a little patina will help too.

LeisureSuitTalbot.jpg

It's been a while since I've done anything to this one. Just got the retro rides, had the seat stems made & tried to add other parts not too glaringly incorrect. Will upgrade as they come available, I find that the as found price tends to be much less than the as needed price. Hope to order the chain this week, make the guard & get 'er going down the road.

fullsizeoutput_ad4.jpeg

Fifteen foot of 1/4'' block chain arrived today. Thanks Blue Streak for the recommendation. It cost a bit more than I expected but fit perfectly. It is much better than the alternative. Hoping that a regular chain breaker will work on these as the pins look pretty big. Can't wait to get 'er on the road.

fullsizeoutput_aeb.jpeg

Back