When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1898 DayCycle

-

IngoMike

I live for the CABE
This bicycle is most likely a Daycycle, or it could also be an Erie, I guess it will depend on which badge you are able to acquire, I think its a Daycycle, I will post pictures of both badges. Anyway, here is what I got; the frame is very well made and super light, beautiful lines and exceptional workmanship; round rear dropouts with adjusters & mounting pegs; one piece cranks; bars and cork grips are very good; rims are Sturmey Archer; tires are Michelin and have been holding air since I have had the bike; the front coasting pegs are no longer included; it is ready to ride with the addition of a saddle, a pair of pedals, and a go through. $450.00/shipped in the lower 48, payment via PayPal friends and family or add 3% for good and services protection. I will personally overpack and ship the bicycle as soon as PayPal says all is well.
fullsizeoutput_46e.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_46c.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_46b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_46a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_469.jpeg
IMG_7159.JPG
fullsizeoutput_46f.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_470.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_471.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_472.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_473.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_474.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_475.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_476.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_477.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_478.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_47a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_47b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_47c.jpeg

more photos below.....

Last edited:
I did not really like the "Graffic Mod" posted above by Hoofhearted, as it is not a necessary fix for this ride, but it did get me to look at that section of frame again to make sure everything is cool, and it is. The two dents shown on the rear seat stays are the only damage the frame has, not another dent to be found. I took a good look at it today and shot these pictures, everything looks straight, dropouts are in alignment, no collateral damage, just a couple of dents on the seat stays. The larger dent has deformed the tube and there may be an ever so slight bend, but this frame is so well made, that it is more cosmetic than structural.
fullsizeoutput_48a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_48b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_48c.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_48d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_48e.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_490.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_491.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_492.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_493.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_494.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_495.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_496.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_497.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_498.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_499.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_49a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_49b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_49c.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_49d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_49e.jpeg

I did not really like the "Graffic Mod" posted above by Hoofhearted, as it is not a necessary fix for this ride, but it did get me to look at that section of frame again to make sure everything is cool, and it is. The two dents shown on the rear seat stays are the only damage the frame has, not another dent to be found. I took a good look at it today and shot these pictures, everything looks straight, dropouts are in alignment, no collateral damage, just a couple of dents on the seat stays. The larger dent has deformed the tube and there may be an ever so slight bend, but this frame is so well made, that it is more cosmetic than structural.

IngoMike ... Your machine is a wonderful example of American
Design - Form and Function.

When I see a machine that is for sale ... maybe needing some
''ironing'' in places, and is a wheel that I would consider owning,
I often apply a little foto-surgery to help evaluate how an im-
provement might look. Tube-replacement would offer a manner
of positive alteration, and without buttering the area with body-filler.

My intention was to motivate those individual, prospective pur-
chasers who don't care for body damage in an otherwise fine-looking
frame ... by showing a possible process and result of tube replacement.

IngoMike, I offer my apology to you for butting-in. Good Luck With
The Sale. Am editing my Entry #4 so as to delete all evidence of my
graffic mods.

Sorry for any hardships I may have created.

...... patric cafaro

Last edited:
Back