When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1899-1901 Century Cycle Co."Century" New York, Bicycle NOW $2,300

-
Price
$2,300 shipped
Zipcode

New Mexico Brant

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I am selling my all original New York Cycle Co. Century bicycle. I have been told it is an 1898 model, another gentleman I respect felt it was 1900- 1901 but I haven't been able to pin it down. Again, everything is original including the folding nickel plated Kelly bars, leather grips, saddle, pedals, wheels, rubber frame guard, etc. The OG paint and strips are in great condition with minor wear and scuffs as expected; the paint on the wheels is decent but the front one has losses and doesn't have a tire. This rim also has some separation at one of the finger joints in the wood. The rear wheel has a period original tire but it is rough. The original leather seat is in decent condition, does have some stitch separation on one side that could be mended. Has an extremely rare Barwest rear braking hub. The pedals are fantastic! The badge has its original red celluloid back lining! In person this bicycle is stunner and displays extremely well! $2,600 shipped from Santa Fe, NM Now $2,300 Shipped (display stand not included). If you wish to see more pictures please let me know; more to follow.

More images at this post: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/toc-century-cycle-co-new-york-hub-and-other-questions.146476/

Please PM if you wish to purchase or ask questions; thank you for your consideration. Kindly, Brant

Century cycle co.jpg

century cycle front.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

IMG_2151.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Brant, Larkin Little here. I think your hub says Barwest on it. I have a brand new Barwest hub. Being honest with you, I've never seen another one in my life. I would say it clearly dates your bike. The Barwest was only offered in 1901. What a gorgeous bike too. Too me it seems like a bargain for it's condition and beauty. But who am I to say. When the l'argent du poche changes hands, it's a deal.

Hi Brant, Larkin Little here. I think your hub says Barwest on it. I have a brand new Barwest hub. Being honest with you, I've never seen another one in my life. I would say it clearly dates your bike. The Barwest was only offered in 1901. What a gorgeous bike too. Too me it seems like a bargain for it's condition and beauty. But who am I to say. When the l'argent du poche changes hands, it's a deal.
Hi Larkin, Thank you for your post, my mistake, it does say "Barwest." I appreciate the dating info as well. Kindly, Brant

Back