1899 Iver Johnson Men’s and Ladies Tool Bags

This ad disappears when logged in

Handyman

I live for the CABE
Oct 23, 2009
Fitchburg, MA
I was recently lucky enough to acquire a Men’s and Ladies pair of 1899 Iver Johnson Roadsters. These bikes were sitting untouched in the attic of a home on Davis Island, Maine for decades and are virtually untouched originals. I will be posting more info, pics, and the story behind these two bikes shortly. However, what I thought some Cabers might be interested in are the Men’s and Ladies tool bags that I’m fairly confident are original to the bikes. I’m not sure the contents of each bag are complete or correct, but it’s an interesting look back in time to see just what may have been there. Pete in Fitchburg

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

Handyman

I live for the CABE
Oct 23, 2009
Fitchburg, MA
I was asked about the strings holding the Men's toolbox to the top tube. I put those on the toolbox only to take the pic. One strap was missing and one was in the toolbox (see pics above). Anyone have ideas where I can get a few of these small leather straps? Pete in Fitchburg

Duchess

Finally riding a big boys bike
Feb 14, 2014
Beverly, MA
Old hand bags, old belts cut to shape (the kind made of real leather, not that top grain glued layers of trash), leather strips. You'd have to sew a buckle on most of those if you want it to look the same, but that's a small job.

Handyman

I live for the CABE
Oct 23, 2009
Fitchburg, MA
The condition of the leather is incredible.
Hi Duchess, Yes, the overall condition of the tool bags is excellent. The Men's bag with the embossed Iver Johnson script is incredible, I can't recall ever seeing another but I'm sure they're out there. The two bikes are also in great shape............I'll be posting pics soon. Pete in Fitchburg

rustjunkie

Staff member
Jul 11, 2012
Monrovia, CA 91016
www.rustjunkies.com

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture