1899 Iver Johnson Pair Found On Island In Maine

This ad disappears when logged in

Handyman

I live for the CABE
Oct 23, 2009
Fitchburg, MA
After receiving a tip on the existence of a pair of 1899 Iver Johnson roadsters in the attic of the 1803 Moses Davis home on Davis Island in Edgecomb, Maine, I was able to negotiate a deal with the current owner of the home to purchase the pair. This pair was purchased new by the Davis family, used on the island for several summers, and simply placed in the attic where they remained undisturbed for decades. Both the Men's and the Ladies cycle are very nice original bikes right down to the toolbags. There are simply too any pics to post here so I'm including a link to a page with several pics. Pete in Fitchburg

Men's 1899 Iver Roadster: http://boulderartgallery.com/Iver_Johnson_Bicycle_Collection/IverJohnson_Page_29.html
Ladies 1899 Iver Roadster: http://boulderartgallery.com/Iver_Johnson_Bicycle_Collection/IverJohnson_Page_30.html

DavisHome2.jpg

1899 Mens Roadster.jpg

1899 Ladies Roadster.jpg

gkeep

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jun 11, 2014
Alameda, CA
Worthy of a museum!! I wonder if there are any family photo albums around with the original owners on their "new" wheels?

I'd love to see a close up of what looks like some marlinspike sailor sennit knotwork on the top tube. Is that related to the bell pull running along the tube? It looks in the photos like standard tarred marline, does it still smell of Stockholm Tar? Brings a tear to me one good eye so it does...

Gary

Last edited:

bricycle

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Nov 18, 2009
Chicago area west
Worthy of a museum!! I wonder if there are any family photo albums around with the original owners on their "new" wheels?

I'd love to see a close up of what looks like some marlinspike sailor sennit knotwork on the top tube. Is that related to the bell pull running along the tube? It looks in the photos like standard tarred marline, does it still smell of Stockholm Tar? Brings a tear to me one good eye so it does...

Gary
That is a bar guard so as not to mar the top bar.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
$45.00
eBay Auction Picture
$35.00
eBay Auction Picture
$59.00
eBay Auction Picture
$35.00
eBay Auction Picture
$45.00
eBay Auction Picture