When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1899 Iver Johnson Pair Found On Island In Maine

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Worthy of a museum!! I wonder if there are any family photo albums around with the original owners on their "new" wheels?

I'd love to see a close up of what looks like some marlinspike sailor sennit knotwork on the top tube. Is that related to the bell pull running along the tube? It looks in the photos like standard tarred marline, does it still smell of Stockholm Tar? Brings a tear to me one good eye so it does...

Gary

Last edited:
What a nice find. I am from Maine but never got to pick there, there are some real treasures in New England areas.

972E4B89-89EE-4C08-9C04-3773E0421CDF.png

You could send to carlitos for a full restoration. You heard it here first on roller derby.

Worthy of a museum!! I wonder if there are any family photo albums around with the original owners on their "new" wheels?

I'd love to see a close up of what looks like some marlinspike sailor sennit knotwork on the top tube. Is that related to the bell pull running along the tube? It looks in the photos like standard tarred marline, does it still smell of Stockholm Tar? Brings a tear to me one good eye so it does...

Gary

That is a bar guard so as not to mar the top bar.

Back