When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1899 Tribune Model 450

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

alexander55

Finally riding a big boys bike
Thanks to the generosity of another CABEer (and a bit of cash on my part), I am thrilled to have this beautiful example of a Tribune as part of my collection. Serial #43241. Also want to thank Blue Streak for his generous responses to my questions and for sharing a PDF of the 1899 Tribune catalog with me. (He will be the next owner of the bike if I ever decide to sell it....which I have NO plans to do.) Side note: Some bikes have a little "extra" emotional attachment. i.e. I am a 7th generation Pennsylvanian. I lived on the family farm as a child and spent many summers there when my grandparents owned it. My aunt and uncle own it now and I still visit regularly. The farm has been in the family since 1789. This bike was made in Erie, PA...about 60 miles from the family farm.

1899 Tribune (1).jpg

1899 Tribune (3).jpg

1899 Tribune (5).jpg

1899 Tribune (8).jpg

1899 Tribune (9).jpg

1899 Tribune (13).jpg

1899 Tribune (16).jpg

1899 Tribune (23).jpg

1899 Tribune (24).jpg

Serial Number 43241.jpg

Stunning bicycle Ron! Congratulations. I was very close to buying it. On a trip a cross country trip back in November I wanted to visit the bike in person; anyway I never got the call back I was promised. The mad money end up getting spent on the Knoll spring frame so it all worked out the way it should have. I am very glad to hear it went to you.

Last edited:
Stunning bicycle Ron! Congratulations. I was very close to buying it, was driving across country back in November I wanted to visit in person; anyway I never got the call back I was promised. The mad money end up getting spent on the Knoll spring frame so it all worked out the way it should have. I am very glad to hear it went to you.
Thanks for the kind response. For what it’s worth, we’d been talking about this one for quite a long time. Thank you again Brant!

Back