When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 190? Pierce Cushion Chainless

-
Price
$4300 OBO shipped to lower 48
Zipcode

bicibob

Finally riding a big boys bike
Old Bike Friends,

Here's your chance to own a fine example of turn of the century American manufacturing. A buddy of mine barn-found this rig back in the mid-eighties in the same condition as you see it in now. Upon acquisition, I removed the front wheel and tucked it in a box as a "someday" project. Nearly 40 years later, it's time for someone (else) to take this bike to the next level. The pictures tell much of the story. Paint appears to be original. The main frame is solid and straight. One small dent in the top tube. Also, the seat stays appear mildly bowed. All mechanisms are moveable, although I've never disassembled the bike beyond removing the bevel gear shroud to inspect the wear on the teeth.

I've not located a serial number. Obviously, half the spokes are gone, but the wheels appear to be a matching set with a Pierce-ND Model A rear hub and a New Departure Model M front. Rims are steel. The 28" single tube tires still have decent shape with just one section badly rotted. I'm not enough of an expert to say, but the Phillips saddle looks to be a later replacement. The pedal spindles are there but lack cages. Head plate's missing, but the lower patent plate is there. The stem is a double reversable.

Great candidate for a rehab or a full on restoration.

Cheers,

Bob

IMG_4236.JPG

IMG_4241 (1).JPG

IMG_4239 (1).JPG

IMG_4238 (1).JPG

IMG_4230.JPG

IMG_4253 (1).JPG

IMG_4247 (1).JPG

IMG_4211.JPG

IMG_4235.JPG

IMG_6241.JPG