When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1900 Melvin coaster 3-crown Frame ID

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I’m gonna list one for sale pretty soon. As much as I want to keep the crank…I can’t do it, came with it. Here are some photos…

IMG_1812.jpeg

IMG_1806.jpeg

IMG_1813.jpeg

IMG_1811.jpeg

IMG_1808.jpeg

IMG_1807.jpeg

IMG_1814.jpeg

IMG_1809.jpeg

Interesting- looks to be after 1900 - stay’s don’t have the signature shape. It is nice. I’ll post the TOC ads tomorrow.
Rick

I know nothing about this brand, but I do know something about D&J. TOC means nothing to me, but year of the wheel does. What year is it? 1910ish?

manson ad 01.jpg

Looks like the Manson bottom bracket but without the shaped stays. Fork looks like it is an Eagle- may have been used by others after 1901ish? D&J is used on quite a few bikes during this time. Fenders were more typical from around 1910 and on - others may know more about this, I use that as a year when they start showing up in catalogs. Mansons were advertised as purple and there is purple on that bike but it looks like it is on top of green?

I have what is probably a Crosby (no badge) that has a very similar frame. I wonder if the frame was a "jobber" frame when Manson was on the way out and the fenders were added later?

View attachment 1887043

Looks like the Manson bottom bracket but without the shaped stays. Fork looks like it is an Eagle- may have been used by others after 1901ish? D&J is used on quite a few bikes during this time. Fenders were more typical from around 1910 and on - others may know more about this, I use that as a year when they start showing up in catalogs. Mansons were advertised as purple and there is purple on that bike but it looks like it is on top of green?

I have what is probably a Crosby (no badge) that has a very similar frame. I wonder if the frame was a "jobber" frame when Manson was on the way out and the fenders were added later?
The Chainstays are shaped like a D with the flat side to the inside. The Dropouts, bottom bracket, and the solid chainstay off the bb like a Monark are the same. Any bicycle equipped with a D&J crank hanger was a premium wheel. Jobbers didn’t usually get highend parts. I own a few Miami brand bicycles. There’s Purple under the head badge.

Last edited:
Back