When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1900 pierce shaft drive

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

npence

I live for the CABE
This is my. We restoration project not sure on the exact date but is early 1900's. This bike is one of the most sought after shaft drive with the cushioned frame and the leaf spring front fork. This will be a challenge for me since I've never restored a shaft drive bike before. Wish me luck.
This is what I'm starting with
f3f20980-1.jpg

There is a lot of small pieces that seem to be missing but with time will all come together. Missing seat, handlebars, grips, pedals, rims and front hub. If you have any of these parts I would be interested in them.

Looking for a set of Kelly adjustable handle bars in any condition.
Can't wait to see what they will be mounted to. I wonder if it's tall & red?

Congrats on getting that one Nate. No help other than wishing you good luck! That is one fine machine you've got there. Definitely one of the more desirable early bikes to have.

Nice bike. You might consult with Glenn Eames of Old Spokes Home in Vermont - he's got a beautiful original example of this model. Good luck with the resto.

Well got it all apart today Easier then what I thought it would be. Just hope it goes back together like it came apart.
bcf0c906-1.jpg

Can't really tell but, from the pictures it looks like the bearings are in REALLY good shape. Which makes life a LOT easier.

Yes bearings are in great shape was very surprised they just didn't come flying out when I pulled it apart.
ffa51348-1.jpg

Sent the bike out to be rebuilt since found someone took the guts out of the crank housing and replaced with crap. But got some of the nickel back today.
5C9B8896E74141B1817EB4BEFF7A859A10424000-1.jpg

0094B55613464446A80E650B1C42B71910424000-1.jpg

Your Pierce is going to be a beautiful bike & the new nickel is amazing!!!!!! Been researching Corbin & New Departure hubs, believe that hub may be a 1902 only year but haven't completed enough research yet to truly tell yet. Here's the 1902 article on it: (Trying to find a 1902 ad or catalog but no luck yet)

books13jpeg-1.jpg

Everything I have found on the 1901 Model suggests straight pull only spokes versus your side-pull.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I'm going to call it a 1902 pierce shaft drive. Anybody know how many years they made this style bike. And does anyone have any sales lit.

Back