When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1900s "99 SPECIAL" RESTORED RACING? BICYCLE BLACK W NICKEL PLATING

-
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobcycles

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
99 Special has been sold!

Here is a meticulously restored wood wheel racer from around the turn of the century or early part of the 20th century. Head badge reads "99 SPECIAL" and C.G. KELLER mfg by LEONARD & BEIRNE. Overall looks as perfect as a restored bike could look. Beautiful Wood Wheels that are flawless, double butted spokes, Nickel Plated New Departure Model M front hub and early coast brake. Bars, fork, crank, sprocket and all bright work is lavishly Nickel plated. The frame is artfully pinstriped in Period Gold on tbe black finish. Looks to be a very professional restoration that went all the way with the expense. Even the Single Tube Tires are NEW and inflatable. (Not the dummy solid display tires found on so many single tube bicycle restorations). Very nice original Rat Trap pedals that appear to be original plating and not restored? but very very nice. Hygenic leather seat with stitching and side flaps was also complete restored including the chassis which reveals more nickel plating. Again....alot of expense went into this bicycles resurection, and tho I haven't ridden it? I believe this could be ridden. Skip link / 1" pitch chain and sprocket, Nickel front fork. Just a Classy looking 100 year old range bicycle. You don't see them this nice very often. Lastly, the grips are 50's vintage Schwinn grips, not correct for the year, if I can find some earlier more appropriate vintage grips I will exchange them if the winner requests. ASKING 1800 FOR THIS ONE. May consider partial trades and / or offers.

994.jpg
992.jpg
99a.jpg

995a.jpg
995.jpg

Email direct for more pix or questions or to [email protected]

Last edited:
99 special bicycle has been sold!

thanks for the emails and apologies to those who missed it by a day or so!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back