When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1901-2 Pierce chainless new to me

-

Trimacar

Look Ma, No Hands!
Just picked up this Pierce shaft drive. It's 1901-2? I think. I've not seen another red one so don't think that's original paint, but if someone painted it they sure did an interesting job, not taking the badge off.

Able to ride it as it is. Missing gear cover, I think I'm going to take a cover off one of my other shaft drive bikes (I only collect Buffalo Pierce bikes) and see if I can have some cast.

Are those original wheels, I've not seen a legible name before on a rim.

Are cork grips available?

Any comments welcome, you can't hurt my feelings. thanks David Coco Winchester Va.

IMG_6275.JPG

IMG_6292.JPG

IMG_6296.JPG

IMG_6277.JPG

Thanks- The fellow I bought it from said he'd researched and he thought it was a Pan American model, from 1901, still not sure of year but someone messaged me that that's correct, a Pan American, and that possibly that's original paint, which would be a big plus.

Always looking for Pierce bikes from Buffalo, full disclosure, I'm not a bicycle collector, I'm a Pierce Arrow guy who collects anything related to the Buffalo operations of that company. Before bicycles, they made ice boxes and bird cages. I have an 1886 (verified by a period catalog I own) ice box, they are scarce...along with a lot of other Pierce memorabilia.

Thanks for looking, still wondering about grips for this bike....if any are available...assume repro...thanks David Coco Winchester Va.

img004.jpg

Thanks, Rambler, yes, don't quite understand that front fork. It's very uniform, almost as if someone did it in a jig and on purpose. I'll either straighten or replace.

Thanks for comments...dc

1901 Pan American flyer.

Pan American Special has the New Departure Coaster brake.
noted at the bottom of this image.

Nice! Great reference, I have a couple of TOC Pierce catalogs but don't think I have that one. I'm going to replace the front forks with spring forks, I think, that would still be factory correct.

I do have a 1910 Pierce Motorcycle catalog, excellent condition, if anyone out there collects motorcycle stuff. $600 if anyone's interested, it's a rare piece. thanks dc

Back