When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1901 CCM Brantford Red Bird Racer Model 57

-

David Brown

Wore out three sets of tires already!
My 1901

CCM Brantford Red Bird model 57 Racer. Has original CCM stamped Hussey Bar stem and bars. Has new wood rims and original front Branford hub. Fixed gear with new block chain. I would love to see an original catalogue showing this bike.Looking for period correct toe clips for the pedals

P7054897.jpeg

I'm pretty sure I sent this to you many yrs ago Dave but here it is again.

View attachment 1441894

hi Bill,
Do you have any information about the Brantford "Black Bird" model by Goold / Brantford Bicycle Co in your achives?
I have seen many Brantford "Red Bird" bikes but only (2) Brantford "Black Bird" bikes (the 1901 here is a CCM Red Bird, different from the originals Brantford Red Birds)
I own a men version and I have seen a ladies model a few years ago and that is it
I have not been able to find more information
Max

hi Bill,
Do you have any information about the Brantford "Black Bird" model by Goold / Brantford Bicycle Co in your achives?
I have seen many Brantford "Red Bird" bikes but only (2) Brantford "Black Bird" bikes (the 1901 here is a CCM Red Bird, different from the originals Brantford Red Birds)
I own a men version and I have seen a ladies model a few years ago and that is it
I have not been able to find more information
Max
I'm not sure Max. I don't recall having anything on the Black Bird but will check. Thx

One of the Partners of the Goold Bicycle Company W J Knowles came from the town of Elmira Ontario where live.

Last edited:
Back