When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1901 Iver Johnson Frame With Low Serial Number

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hi
I have a Iver Johnson frame with the Crank and pedal Serial Number
255528 some body can tell me please what year was Made and how much worth?Thank you for your Help.

Hi Augusto,

I'd guess an Iver frame with serial #255528 would fall somewhere in the area of 1914ish. Value is a tough thing to comment on without seeing it as so much depends on condition, how much original paint is left, how complete the frame is, etc. Post a pic here and I'm sure we can come up with a rough value. Pete in Fitchburg

I recently picked up this early Iver frame with some unusual (to me) features. After looking through the 1901 Catalog, and because it has a 24" frame, I believe I've identified it as a Model 68 Men's Roadster. It has a great snowflake chainring and a heavy block chain.

View attachment 299827

The area on the frame where the chain adjuster threads through is smaller than more modern Ivers as are the chain adjusters themselves.

View attachment 299828

The seatpost has a collar and adjusting nut to tighten it on the seattube.

View attachment 299829

The left pedal arm has these two small screws next to the lock nut. I don't think the BB is original to the bike. The locknut shows evidence that it was once removed. The drive on the chainring is round, not rectangular as the more modern Iver chainrings.

View attachment 299830

The front tube clearly shows where the Iver Johnson badge was and the mounting holes for the badge line up perfectly. Notice the "flush" look of the top and bottom cones.

View attachment 299831

There was only one pedal on the frame and it has a "star" in the center.

View attachment 299832

Now here is where it gets interesting to me. Notice the low serial #, check out the paragraph in Bill Smith's page concerning the approximate years/numbers, this # is quite low. Also, what on earth are those cross hatches next to the serial #. None of this information was visible until I took off some paint. Could the marks have been factory applied? Might they mean something?

View attachment 299833

In any case, it's an interesting find. I may be interested in trades only for a similar frame with 1900/01/02 BB intact.
Pete in Fitchburg
I know this is a very old post. This wouldn’t possibly be for sale at this point? I have to ask. Being so early and and 24” frame, just what I like! Beautiful

Back