When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1901 Monarch cushion frame roadster

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Awesome-Weightwatchers-Logo-27-About-Remodel-Logo-Creater-with-Weightwatchers-Logo.png

Wow, that is thin.
I know people custom make spokes for veteran machines over here. I'm guessing there may be 'Wheelmen' members over your side of the pond who do similar stuff.
Nipples would have to be custom-made too.
You could always build up a racing wheelset with spokes of a different size. A fun, sometimes frustrating, but ultimately rewarding and satisfying experience.
I'll be building a set for my National soon, admittedly not as rare a beast as yours (it's a 1911 Model 132) but I'm so looking forward to riding it, hopefully this year too!

That’s a slippery slope for hoarders like myself!
I did build an extra wheelset for the National. Then I bought the Monarch to put it under!

Dave Yes I think so.
If you are the one that sold me the almost complete rear section minus the spring
or the just bottom section.
I do not know what the bung looks like it was not in the parts that I got??

I sold you the bottom frame part. You do not need the bung in the spring only Pierce bikes need that as there is a screw at the bottom and the top part screws into the spring ..

Dave I went back to our talk on Oct. 20 2017 and you said your spring was 6 1/4" long and 5/8" dia.
When I had my spring made the shop needed to know how long what was the travel and for how much weight?
Do you still have the specs on the springs you had made?

Hi Paul
No I don't have any Specs on the springs . had them made about 25 years ago . I weigh about 150 most of the time and they have never bottoms out. If you have a tall frame the spring would need to be longer than 6 1/4.

Here’s the almost final version of the Monarch. It just needed the white tubulars
to make it more Monarchy.
4A077260-893E-4104-B06C-455AFBA35ACF.jpeg

I laced up a TOC fixed hub to replace the temporary blackout Morrow on this wheelset when I had it on the Century Marathon.

82CF6F30-203F-462C-8B7A-C0742A0934D6.jpeg

180C6D7F-BA8C-48A2-8C8E-38E03323A535.jpeg

The Marathon now has it’s original flaky rims and correct hubs in place. The red paint remnants on those wooden rims are probably throwing lead particulates all over the place when I ride it but I just couldn’t bear to remove it.....

Back