When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1901 National racer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Maybe you'll have to build a wheelset for riding it that you don't have to worry about, shouldn't be too difficult.
Good idea, even if it is just for the front wheel.
The rear wheel has 15/16 gage spokes that look sturdier.

As much as I like your bike... racers cannot take tires bigger than 1.25 in width it will rub against the frame.. the ad indicates 1.25 tires. which means they were built with very narrow frames in the 1900’s..and light weight.. roadsters will take them. 1890’s racers will take them... in my opinion I think you have a very nice roadster if you have no problems with the fit of the tires.

Actually Redline is completely 100% wrong in his analogy here. I have actual catalogue pages of racers showing the FACTORY RACER taking a larger tire.

It’s too bad that Redline has to slam your bike negatively. Oh well..

If I have too, I’ll even post one to prove Redline’s inexperience in this area regarding roadsters and racers.

As much as I like your bike... racers cannot take tires bigger than 1.25 in width it will rub against the frame.. the ad indicates 1.25 tires. which means they were built with very narrow frames in the 1900’s..and light weight.. roadsters will take them. 1890’s racers will take them... in my opinion I think you have a very nice roadster if you have no problems with the fit of the tires.

Thanks for the information RL.
I acquired the National simply because it’s an amazing, beautiful survivor. I love it, however it is identified!

KD - I noticed on that beautiful ad you posted with your bike ( from Rambler who is the “National” expert) that the tire offered with the bike is 1-1/4” but you could ALSO use any tire of your choice that they offered. I guess that means that any tire will fit that they offer on other bikes will also fit on the racer. Good choice of tire.

Back