When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1901 rambler model 23 shaft drive

-
When i was there I offered him 2k. Me figuring it might be worth 2500. Figured I could get it a little cheaper since he wouldn’t have to pay fees and he wouldn’t have to ship. So if someone wants me to offer 3k for it I’ll pick it up and ship it if he accepts it.

eBay prices are only realized on eBay :) - I think @Jesse McCauley is right on, there is a much higher demand for shaft drives overseas to higher end collectors. I haven't seen that sort of interest to pull 2k+ here. Mike Cates has a world class collection of pristine bikes like this for sale on eBay for 3500-4500 and they sat a long time (may still be there).

With the G&J rim design it is almost impossible to find tires to fit those rims. At least I think I am right.

Appears to be a 1901 New Departure hub, with the stubby arm....
It's a Pope Coaster Brake. Cool hub but way to many parts that screw together, Don't think they were made by New Departure, since the completely different braking system and floating bearing engagement clutch. Can be a Correct Option on a pope so Possibly a ABC Rambler.

Back