When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1902 Improved Jay Bird

-

Ricker

Finally riding a big boys bike
I finally cleaned up my Improved Jay Bird that I got from @Jesse McCauley. It was very frozen so it took quite a bit of soaking to make everything movable again. I laced up a matching pair of wood rims from @bricycle - the 32 hole front rim is in amazing shape - and put on a saddle I had that is also very stiff, seems to be a theme. The original paint is either brown or burgundy but it is hard to tell with the rust staining, I think it is brown, and the original pins are yellow. This is one of my favorite chainrings-
Rick
1902 Improved Jay Bird 01.JPG
1902 Improved Jay Bird 02.JPG
1902 Improved Jay Bird 03.JPG
1902 Improved Jay Bird 04.JPG
1902 Improved Jay Bird 05.JPG

Reminds me of the term "Naked as a Jay Bird" In 20's-30's America, prisoners were brought in from the bus and went to the showers and were given their kit. From there they were made to walk from one end of the prison to the other, naked. J-bird was short for Jailbird or Jay Bird

Back