When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1903? IVEL , G.W. Shroyer & Co. , Dayton OH

-
Pedals kinda look like IDEAL. Which I believe are the same pedals used on HD bicycles.

Did they have those bold letters stamped on theirs? I've noticed a couple of mfg's refer to their pedals with some dissimilar letters, but just in advertising, haven't seen it like this on the cup of a pedal though. Not that I've studied pedals of this era.

Did they have those bold letters stamped on theirs? I've noticed a couple of mfg's refer to their pedals with some dissimilar letters, but just in advertising, haven't seen it like this on the cup of a pedal though. Not that I've studied pedals of this era.

The pedals are likely a teens era replacement part, rat traps would be customary I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are a couple of items that helped with the frame identification, the stamping on the cushion shock have been the key to the id and narrowing down the year (s).

However, I have to give the real credit to the folks here at the CABE, the prior posts on this subject helped so much, it would have taken much longer to see & grasp and understanding of it without this forum. So huge thanks again!

Sager Frame = Double Flexible.jpg

ScreenShot20131103at70524AM1png-1Sager hinge of frame joint.jpg

The pedals I'm trying to identify, they are marked on the round cap. However, both have minor scuffs over the top word. There appear as two lines of text in bold stamping.

The last two letters of the first line are .....AL
the second line is D.S.M.C.

Okay, I went back to the bicycle and cleaned a bit more.
The last two letters of the first line are .....AL
AND
the 2nd line reads D.S.M. Co.

that had me going......

Last edited:
Add a little air, just enough to take inflate so you can start working the flat spots out. There will be sections that will be stuck together on the inside, eventually they should become un-stuck. Add some Slime tire sealant and slowly add air to take shape, it's best to have the tire on an old rim so it takes it's natural shape back. This worked for me on my set of Kokomo Everlaster tires from the 20's. They had been hanging on a hook in a garage for years and they will hold low pressure for 2 to 3 months now. You will probably have to replace the valve cores also.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pedals kinda look like IDEAL. Which I believe are the same pedals used on HD bicycles.

That is correct, took them off , cleaned up the other pedal a bit more as well, IDxxx & xxxAL on the opposite pedal , just can't read th "E' on either one. The rubber is also 3 3/4" long, for what Harley would have used on theirs.

Last edited:
Back