When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1904 Peugeot Delux Racer!!

-

carlitos60

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Took for a Ride My 1904 Peugeot Delux Racer!!
Just for the Record,,,,This Model Bike Won The Tour the France in 1903, 04, 05, 06!! :oops::oops::oops::oops:
Obviously the Riders Won the Race on Them!!:D
Mostly Original Except the Front Wheel, Which I Have, but Is Broken from Termites!!
Has an early Eadie Coaster Brake and a Super Rare Peugeot Seat!
Peugeot (2).jpg

P breton_1908.jpg

Lovely bicycle, but for the record, Maurice Garin (aka the "little chimney sweep") won the 1903 edition of Le Tour on a "Diamant-La Francaise" machine.
220px-Tour_1903_6.jpg

1904 was eventually won by Henri Cornet for Cycles JC-Michelin, after the first 4 riders were disqualified!
It wasn't until 1905 that a Peugeot first won, ridden by Louis Trousselier, for the Peugeot-Wolber team.
Still a lovely machine though!

Lovely bicycle, but for the record, Maurice Garin (aka the "little chimney sweep") won the 1903 edition of Le Tour on a "Diamant-La Francaise" machine.
1904 was eventually won by Henri Cornet for Cycles JC-Michelin, after the first 4 riders were disqualified!
It wasn't until 1905 that a Peugeot first won, ridden by Louis Trousselier, for the Peugeot-Wolber team.
Still a lovely machine though!

Thanks for the Feedback; I Know that Peugeot Won 4 Consecutive Tours; Could Have been 1905-8!!!
I Remember Reading it, but Lost My Research!!!

No worries man!
You're correct re. their record of wins from 1905-08, four years in a row!
Their riders were also victorious in 1913, 1914, 1922, 1967, 1975 & 1977.
If you want a good read, I can wholeheartedly recommend:
images (2).jpg

A fantastic, interesting account of the first edition of "La Grande Bouclé" and the political machination's and business rivalries that led to it's inauguration.
The descriptions of what some of these guys were filling their bidons with! Crazy times indeed!

No worries man!
You're correct re. their record of wins from 1905-08, four years in a row!
Their riders were also victorious in 1913, 1914, 1922, 1967, 1975 & 1977.
If you want a good read, I can wholeheartedly recommend:
A fantastic, interesting account of the first edition of "La Grande Bouclé" and the political machination's and business rivalries that led to it's inauguration.
The descriptions of what some of these guys were filling their bidons with! Crazy times indeed!

Dude,,,,I Have Read a Lot About the Early Days,,,and Hold a Lot of Respect for Those Early Guy!!! They Endured So Much!!!
Love Them!!
127d487dd385adb00105467c765a308b.jpg

PETIT-BRETON-Lucien.jpg

Took for a Ride My 1904 Peugeot Delux Racer!!
Just for the Record,,,,This Model Bike Won The Tour the France in 1903, 04, 05, 06!! :oops::oops::oops::oops:
Obviously the Riders Won the Race on Them!!:D
Mostly Original Except the Front Wheel, Which I Have, but Is Broken from Termites!!
Has an early Eadie Coaster Brake and a Super Rare Peugeot Seat!
View attachment 898296

View attachment 898297
Thanks for posting this. This really helps with my research.

Back