When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1905/06 Motosacoche: Crescent/Buffalo/Cleveland Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

New Mexico Brant

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
This past summer I bought the Motosacoche engine John Sheedy found in a barn in Durango, Colorado. With curatorial discussions with Jesse McCauley it seemed appropriate to pair the motor with an American bicycle that was promoted and sold Europe. I wanted to take it a step further and find a bike that used the American West in the European advertising; Cleveland and Buffalo both came to mind. A few weeks later I was able to purchase an original large Buffalo Cycle Company French poster. Unfortunately, just a couple days earlier a Buffalo frame had sold on this forum...

I have since found a Crescent frame that seemed fitting to the project in respect to the "as found" patina of the Motosacoche. This weekend I mocked it up; sans cranks, chain ring, sheave. Personally, I feel the motor looks a bit awkward in the Crescent's tall frame. The patina match is good so it will serve as a temporary place holder frame until a suitable Buffalo or Cleveland come my way.

Anyway, I am still on the lookout for a Buffalo or Cleveland for the Motosacoche.

A shout out to the following people who have gotten the project this fair: @John Sheedy, @Jesse McCauley, @bentwoody66, @geosbike @oldy57,@David Brown, @dave the wave, Tom Babbage (sheave), Eric (frame), & Richard (Crescent crank/chain ring).

IMG_7481.jpg

IMG_7468.jpg

IMG_7471.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 2.25.18 PM.png

51-kC9Jeb4L._AC_.jpg

Last edited:
This past summer I bought the Motosacoche engine John Sheedy found in a barn in Durango, Colorado. With curatorial discussions with Jesse McCauley it seemed appropriate to pair the motor with an American bicycle that was promoted and sold Europe. I wanted to take it a step further and find a bike that used the American West in the European advertising; Cleveland and Buffalo both came to mind. A few weeks later I was able to purchase an original large Buffalo Cycle Company French poster. Unfortunately, just a couple days earlier a Buffalo frame had sold on this forum...

I have since found a Crescent frame that seemed fitting to the project in respect to the "as found" patina of the Motosacoche. This weekend I mocked it up; sans cranks, chain ring, sheave. Personally, I feel the motor looks a bit awkward in the Crescent's tall frame. The patina match is good so it will serve as a temporary place holder frame until a suitable Buffalo or Cleveland come my way.

Anyway, I am still on the lookout for a Buffalo or Cleveland for the Motosacoche.

A shout out to the following people who have gotten the project this fair: @John Sheedy, @Jesse McCauley, @bentwoody66, @geosbike @oldy57,@David Brown, @dave the wave, Tom Baggage (sheave), Eric (frame), & Richard (Crescent crank/chain ring).

View attachment 1345330
View attachment 1345338
View attachment 1345339View attachment 1345345
View attachment 1345346
i think it looks perfect in that frame
might look even better with the cranks and sprocket on
good job, looking forward seeing it done

might also look cool in a Gendron bike (French connection) made in Toledo

Last edited:
Hi Brant
Great start to your Motosacoche. That is a pretty early battery ignition model .Looks to have a lot of the hard pieces to find. When I had my CCM motorcycle that used the same motor but with a mag. Took some time to find all the parts Took me about 5 years to find the Mag . Also I made 10 Mufflers as i needed one and used a friends as pattern. Sold all the mufflers years ago. Went all over the world. If you google Running Motoscoche you should be able to see my bike when it was in the UK after i sold it . Bike is back in Canada on Vancouver Island now

Back