When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1909 Corbin Duplex Model 9 Coaster Brake Hub - Unobtanium

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
Another piece of unobtanium for your consideration from my heart to yours.
If this stays on my parts shelf, I'm okay with that.

Corbin Duplex Model 9 coaster brake hub for belt driven motorcycle ca. 1909.
This hub was quickly phased out and exists in at best small numbers. likely none of those existing in the condition this one is in.
Juuuuusssttt to nip this in the bud, please don't argue with me about what this hub is.

This hub conforms to all spec listed in the 1909 catalog advert I have attached, the Model 9 shown in that advert is the chain drive version but belt drive was also an option.

Drives as it should, seems to brake as it should though I won't tell you to use it.

If you have a 1909 American made belt drive motorcycle this is a hub you may never see for sale again.
If you are a passionate bicycle man that loves heavy duty unobtanium....well I can guarantee you will be blown away with this hub.

Spacing is roughly 5 3/8" as described in catalog, for scale the larger of the two spoke flanges ( with the offset drilling for easy of wheel building way ahead of its time) is 4" in diameter.
9 Tooth cog appears by all counts original to the hub. Teeth are near perfect, next to no use.

This hub is for sale for $2,000 delivered to Copake by hand. I would ship it, but having had a recent experience losing something via USPS buyer would be responsible for shipping and appropriate insurance costs.
If you would like to take a road trip to Richmond, VA and see a few other pieces of treasure that is also an option.
I know I posted an early motorcycle object in the bicycle section but honestly it is much more relative to bicycles than it is "everything else" - pertinent that the motorcycle and bicycle hubs were still being advertised along side one another at this point.

Corbin Model 9 1.jpg

Corbin Model 9 arm.jpg

Corbin Model 9 2.jpg

1909 Corbin Duplex Model 9 Motorcycle and Bicycle Hub Line.jpg

1909 Corbin Model 9 Motorcycle Hub.jpg

Back