When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1910 Iver BB questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

filmonger

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
In Memoriam
I have a few questions in relation to putting my Iver together. I think I have found a fork ( picture below ). It should be an arch fork crown.

Missing cups and races.....

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 17.13.03.png

11436337206_9048eba158_o.jpg

20171005_192519_zpsbiy1zxhu.jpg

I know from the 1910 Cat on flickr ( https://www.flickr.com/photos/32224799@N02/collections/72157638826968375/ ) that it is likely my frame is a 1087 Model and should have the Iver star chainring - I have that.

11436432953_d4267f31bd_o.jpg

Putting the BB and chainring together I have found that the chainring sits to close to the frame. I think I may be putting it together in the wrong order - though, I am using page 2 as a guide on the cat.

11436265945_b03f2bc611_o.jpg

Question 1 .....Should my adjustment start with the locknut?

Question 2 ....Also, how should the ball retainers be inserted? ( what side should go on the frame BB ? )

IMG_0867.jpg

I am missing the seat mast bolt.

I have a lucky 7 that fits...though it is not an Iver stamped part.

I have a pair of Rat Traps - but again they are not the Bridgeport Rats that Ever would have used.

I do not have a saddle yet - Though I would like a Troxel No 10A ( style ) saddle.

I do not have a stem or bars as of yet - but am looking to put a Hussey bar system if I can find it. Kelly's would also do.

The next issue is what Hub to use.... I have a model A ( and that was one of the options ) but the width of the hub seems rather small compared to the sitting distance of the frame - I'll post pics in a few mins of this situation. Not sure I want to squeeze the frame this much.

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 17.12.20.png

Question 3 - How would you adjust for this?

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 17.12.47.png

I have to say I am tempted just to use a Morrow. I will be stringing these to Ghisallo wood clincher rims w Carbon inserts.

Last edited:
The chrome fork pictured looks like a 30’s fork. Looks wider than what should be on your bike. But I also could be wrong.

I will have to wait and see - it certainly is a possibility. I have had little luck finding something that may work and that is correct.

I have a few questions in relation to putting my Iver together. I think I have found a fork ( picture below ). It should be an arch fork crown.

Missing cups and races.....

View attachment 698460

View attachment 698447

View attachment 698449

I know from the 1910 Cat on flickr ( https://www.flickr.com/photos/32224799@N02/collections/72157638826968375/ ) that it is likely my frame is a 1087 Model and should have the Iver star chainring - I have that.

View attachment 698446

Putting the BB and chainring together I have found that the chainring sits to close to the frame. I think I may be putting it together in the wrong order - though, I am using page 2 as a guide on the cat.

View attachment 698448

Question 1 .....Should my adjustment start with the locknut?

Question 2 ....Also, how should the ball retainers be inserted? ( what side should go on the frame BB ? )

View attachment 698457

I am missing the seat mast bolt.

I have a lucky 7 that fits...though it is not an Iver stamped part.

I have a pair of Rat Traps - but again they are not the Bridgeport Rats that Ever would have used.

I do not have a saddle yet - Though I would like a Troxel No 10A ( style ) saddle.

I do not have a stem or bars as of yet - but am looking to put a Hussey bar system if I can find it. Kelly's would also do.

The next issue is what Hub to use.... I have a model A ( and that was one of the options ) but the width of the hub seems rather small compared to the sitting distance of the frame - I'll post pics in a few mins of this situation. Not sure I want to squeeze the frame this much.

View attachment 698458

Question 3 - How would you adjust for this?

View attachment 698459

I have to say I am tempted just to use a Morrow. I will be stringing these to Ghisallo wood clincher rims w Carbon inserts.
Would different frame manufacturers not have made up spacers to fit the hubs to their own frames? Or would this position the actuating arm too far from the chainstay? Just wondering.
Nice project!

I agree with pedal4416 above. That fork looks like a Balloon fork to me. You may need the more narrow arch crown Iver fork. I believe I do have one, I'll try to post a pic if I can lay my hands on it. Pete in Fitchburg

I also have an arch crown fork depending on how long of a steerer you need. The eyelets have been cut into slots however. I think the headset is still on it as well. I'll get some pics :)

I may also have a seat post bolt. And I'll check my Model A hub to see if you're missing a lock nut or something.

As far as the way the bearings fit, the interrupted cage-side should go inboard. Not sure about the reason your chainring is hitting the frame so long it's of the tooth count offered in the catalog. Here is a series of pics of a 1910 Unit I used to have https://www.flickr.com/photos/32224799@N02/30580385540/in/dateposted-public/

The tube on the 1910 Iver frame is 7 1/2 inches without head set cups and the internal head tube width is 3cm about 1 1/8 inch.....

Hi filmonger, I do have a narrow Iver crown fork but I measured the steering tube and it's about 6 1/2". I know they can be made longer or shorter but I'll leave that decision up to you. I can send a few pics if you think it's worth the hassle to find someone to make it fit. Asking $75. Pete in Fitchburg

This is scary weird. I am assembling my 1911 Iver this week.

The lucky 7 seatpost that came with the bike is not stamped Iver Johnson but I am sure it is the original to the bike.

The caged bearing goes just as you pictured it with the ball side to the cup.

Looking forward to seeing your assembled Iver.

Back