When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1912 Racycle on ebay (now ended) & ebay craziness (specifically a 50's DX tank)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Gary Mc

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
OK Guys, I don't get it. I saw a fifties 20" Schwinn DX tank sell for $1900 on ebay today & no one even bid on this original paint 1912 Racycle at $1700. I thought it was a pretty good deal, let's see original paint, original seat, original Kelly Bars, 5-hole large chainring, springer fork, & it didn't sell. I almost bid on it last minute but too many projects already. Had a few been completed I would have jumped all over it.

So Racycle guys, what's wrong with this bike & was the asking price too much???????? Educate me as one of these I hope at some point will be in my possession. I didn't post until it ended as I thought someone out there might already be watching it and didn't want to ruin anyone's chances.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-and-Un...sd3v+tStVf2bfhYej3bpVps=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Your a good guy Gary, no matter what they say about you ;)
Blue and Lawrence must be on vacation or something. I guess Schwinn bikes are more commercially popular than TOC beauties.

That fork alone on the Racycle is a pretty penny, not to mention the original paint with some pin-striping and decals left, Kelly bars, monster sprocket, nice saddle, correct cranks... and that FORK!!!

Your a good guy Gary, no matter what they say about you ;)
Blue and Lawrence must be on vacation or something. I guess Schwinn bikes are more commercially popular than TOC beauties.

Nick, They probably took a vacation to finish their Racycle projects LOL. I understand Schwinn's are much more popular but I still just don't get it. I was definitely born in the wrong era & I'm not trying to slam Schwinn's, there are some gorgeous ones but $1900 for a tank? I also am looking to get schooled in what I am missing about this Racycle.

That fork alone on the Racycle is a pretty penny, not to mention the original paint with some pin-striping and decals left, Kelly bars, monster sprocket, nice saddle, correct cranks... and that FORK!!!

I agree Chris, that's what I saw too....

Had I been sitting better myself, this one would have joined my other Racycle here, I alerted Blue to this one mid week, I didn't hear back, he has been very busy lately and has had some computer problems too. This one would have been a good catch considering the paint etc....

Full tooth pacemaker sprockets are really rare too. Thats actually a quite fair price, considering what you get. Ive got so many projects, including a racycle that need help beyond what I can feed them... for now...

Looks like someone overcleaned the bike, if it were more original patina it would probably be more appealing. Logically I see the value as a sum of its parts, emotionally its lack luster.
Just my take on it.

Last edited:
That's one of them chainless bikes..... I like how the big sprocket is half inch pitch, and the one on the hub is one inch.....

Back