When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1912 Racycle on ebay (now ended) & ebay craziness (specifically a 50's DX tank)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It's definately an "Ugly duckling", but had I not just spent $2K, I would have snatched it for sure!!!

I agree with Balloontire, basically a bunch of valuable parts thrown together. The fork was killer, that "NON SKID" Firestone singletube tire is amazing (but what a bummer to only have one!) and obviously the proper frame (with badge) for the big chain-wheel... To me though, when something has been this "monkeyed with", it loses appeal. That being said, I think the price looked fair for what you'd be getting....
Just my two cents...

so whats an all original and correct rideable Racycle worth with that fork? I know where one hangs

so whats an all original and correct rideable Racycle worth with that fork? I know where one hangs

Hoping some of the Racycle guys weigh in but it's dependent on whats on it & condition. Kelly Bars alone have been bringing over $400. That fork would net a large amount alone. If it has a Racycle block chain which has Racycle on each link another very large amount as they are almost impossible to find or so I've heard. So it really depends on condition & truly how original everything is. In better condition than this one and truly all original, over $2K to the right buyer I would think, but the key with these is finding the right buyer and I'm not sure there are enough players in this arena to bid it up as evidenced by this auction.

Last edited:
I could have bought it 15 years ago for $300. I told him that was foolish, and he should keep it as an investment. As of 3 years ago its still hanging. Its all original. he is pushing 70 and his grandfather bought it new. I will see him again probably in the spring. ITs not going anywhere fast.

Sold Today

Spoke to the seller 15 minutes ago. Sold already, he took an offer after the auction today.
I liked some of the bits on the bike, and the rest would have been Raycycled minus bars neck and wheels.

The 1700.00 he was asking really wasn't out of line, the only things really questionable on it were the wheels/rims. You can see on the shot of the badge that it also has the model badge which starts off with a "R" before the number, the number would tell you what year (just can't read it in the picture). The "R" model badge is really pretty rare, that's a red-rider (Racycles name for it)...the Red Rider had a 70 tooth chainring that's as big as the Pacemakers but it was 1/2" pitch and was introduced in 1912. I'd say that it's very likely that the frame, fork, crankset (including the chainring) and bars are all original to the bike as they are all model, option and period correct. Those funky blue scallops on the frame were probably added later although the original pinstripes still showing realtively well here and there and the very rare decal (although its not identifiable, it's original) are really rare. The seat could actually be original too as Racycle did offer a big number of optional saddles including long springs that could have been fitted straight from the factory. The wheels are questionable because of the skip tooth rear hub (def. wrong on this frame) and the obviously rattle canned front wheel.

There was recently a cushion frame Pacemaker whose frame was in similar condition but it had the correct wheels (actually very rare optional wheels) that made an appearance here for just a couple of hours before it was snatched up at 1500.00.... That was a hell of a deal!
It would have brought more.... Really depends on the right combination of parts, originality, and market condition... Same as any other sale, this one just missed out because of the confusion of originality and, market conditions (we're all broke! :) )

Don't know if all this helps or not, just some observations....

Last edited:
I missed it completely....

This is the first time I've seen this particular bike. I think $1700 would have been a really
fair price for this Racycle. All you need to build one technically is an authentic frame, badge,
and sprocket/bottom bracket set. This machine has EVERYTHING!!!!!!! Springer fork, Kelly bars,
rare sprocket, rare rear tire, (I have a set of these,) TWO wonderful badges, period saddle,
original paint frame, with OG decals.....etc....

WOWZERS is all I can say.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this show up at Blue's house.

Last edited:
Back