When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1913 Pierce Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Done for the day…it’s finally starting to look like a bike frame again!

I just have to say that to me, your threads are like watching MLB players who make an incredibly difficult game look so easy. What you salvage and bring back to life in such an elegant and natural manner is simply amazing. I applaud you for sharing these small journeys with those of us who could only dream of doing what you do. Keep up the great work and simply, thank you.

Moving forward on the top tube fabrication, I needed to extend the flared end to match the original, but I had already stretched the tube material as much as I could. I’ll be grafting onto another tube by welding, then I will trim away most of the new tube, leaving very large flared edges that should mimic the original exactly.

This is the section where the top tube connects to the down tubenear the head tube. You can see where the original flange terminated, near the edge marked in red.

Last edited:
Back