When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1913 Pierce Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Big pass on that project.

Just not practical in my opinion. There is so much missing.

EVERYTHING IS MISSING.

I do Harley's and Indian's and they are hard enough to source parts. I just finished 1911 Harley and that took over a year.

I don't think you will ever find a motor for that bike.

If anything that was the donor bike for many other projects years past.

Big pass on that project.

Just not practical in my opinion. There is so much missing.

EVERYTHING IS MISSING.

I do Harley's and Indian's and they are hard enough to source parts. I just finished 1911 Harley and that took over a year.

I don't think you will ever find a motor for that bike.

If anything that was the donor bike for many other projects years past.
For those of lesser skills and ambition maybe so but Steve has shown to have both mad skills and more than enough ambition to see a project through. How many would have tackled this one?

This is definitely one of those projects that keeps me wondering if I’ll ever actually have it completed. A “pass” vote may have been the wiser decision but I couldn’t resist the challenge. Replacing rotted tubes and fabricating the small missing bits will be tedious work but certainly achievable. Finding that missing motor, however, will truly be key. I would expect a project like this will take five or six years practically speaking.
I think restoring a 1911 Harley would be a much easier project. You just can’t compare the two.
(Sorry I couldn’t help that, hehe - I am kidding of course. early Harleys are obviously a challenge to restore as well)

We will lets see..

Last edited:
This is definitely one of those projects that keeps me wondering if I’ll ever actually have it completed. A “pass” vote may have been the wiser decision but I couldn’t resist the challenge. Replacing rotted tubes and fabricating the small missing bits will be tedious work but certainly achievable. Finding that missing motor, however, will truly be key. I would expect a project like this will take five or six years practically speaking.
I think restoring an early Harley would be a much easier project. You just can’t compare the two.
(Sorry I couldn’t help that, hehe - early Harleys are obviously a challenge to restore as well)

We will see..
Harley? Meh.... 😏

Not to hijack this thread with another man’s build, but just to show what can be done by a skilled builder with enough ambition.
This months AMCA magazine has an article about Dale Stoner’s fantastic re creation of the unobtainable, 1909 Curtiss W-three cylinder motorcycle.

That isn’t to say, that the 1913 Pierce project is going to be easy, but with enough time and determination, I think Steve can do it!
I for one, am really looking forward to the continual progress reports on this project.
I can just about guarantee, that we are going to be amazed, no matter how far down the road this path leads.
Good luck, Steve!

Not to hijack this thread with another man’s build, but just to show what can be done by a skilled builder with enough ambition.
This months AMCA magazine has an article about Dale Stoner’s fantastic re creation of the unobtainable, 1909 Curtiss W-three cylinder motorcycle.
View attachment 1521508
View attachment 1521509
View attachment 1521510
View attachment 1521511
View attachment 1521512
View attachment 1521513
That isn’t to say, that the 1913 Pierce project is going to be easy, but with enough time and determination, I think Steve can do it!
I for one, am really looking forward to the continual progress reports on this project.
I can just about guarantee, that we are going to be amazed, no matter how far down the road this path leads.
Good luck, Steve!
Thanks Marty! I saw this Curtiss-3. It is an incredible bike. Brilliant work.

View attachment 1521508
View attachment 1521509
View attachment 1521510
View attachment 1521511
View attachment 1521512
View attachment 1521513
Good luck, Steve!
I'm an AMCA member and this is a good read to see what someone with vision determination can do. The best part is it actually runs! I've seen a lot of two wheeled wonders that look really good but have never fired one time. I'm with Team Steve on this one and, like you, look forward to the transformation. BTW everyone keep a look out for an early Pierce motor! V/r Shawn

Back