When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1914 Peerless Sears Refurbished $1900

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TOCKubin

Look Ma, No Hands!
1914 Peerless bicycle. Almost all original parts there. Please study the photos. See the CABE thread 1914 peerless refurbish for some good pics of bike as I did some of the work. I am trying to raise funds for some medical expenses. Nothing horrible, just need cash more than a bike. Price is $1900 but I will of course accept offers. Will ship or you can pick up....we can discuss. Paypal or cash, no checks etc....I am in Kirksville, MO. I do not want to start parting out the bike right away either. I found this bike in much crustier shape than this and did the refurbish myself. I will be honest and try to list all what I did.

Frame was gone over with car polish type rubbing compound with an attempt to keep as much of the original there. Maybe one or two minor dents but appears straight to me.

Most of the chrome was buffed with rouge so that it wouldn't continue to deteriorate.

Wheels were stripped, steam straightened as best as I could then rebuilt. I kept the originals and they are included. I got most off without breaking but there were 3-4 that didn't make it. They were sanded and then I put on a coat of shellac which is easily soluble with ammonia or alcohol. They were sent to Sugar Wheel Works in Portland for all new spokes since I wanted to ride it without risking quick death. The were all put at the correct lower tension for wooden wheels around January and I have not done any adjusting to them since. They have become wobblier but the bike is still rideable. I am certain they could be trued better than they are right now. I can send a video to you of each tire so you can get a good idea. Original peerless rear hub kept as well as front. Hub is perhaps a little worn and there is grinding that I can feel through the pedals. I cant figure out where it is coming from but you guys are more the experts with that stuff and know what to expect with these old bikes. Tires are Robert Dean glue ons. I have ridden on them and have left them dirty so they match the bike better. They are glued on with automotive weather seal goo.

Chain is currently new and worked better than the old stretched one that will be included with this bike.

Handlebars. I originally had it set up as scorcher but the only thing scorching was Lumbar Discs 1-4 in my lower back! Original grips missing most of the leather. I have the metal ring for the other side as well but it is split. They are on loose so you can change between scorcher or traditional.

Stem has a few little grinder marks on the riders left side.

Badge is complete with both original screws but missing paint.

Lantern comes with bike but if you don't want I can remove and take that into account in the price.

Cranks. As you can see the right side pedal is welded to the crank. With some careful grinder work this can likely be remedied. Left pedal is missing the dust cap but both pedals spin nicely and I went through and greased bearings. Bearings in bottom bracket seem solid and chainring stays straight through the stroke of the pedal. Tiny bit loose maybe but completely functional.

Seat. Original persons. I glued some of the rear of the seat down that was coming up. Dipped the springs in oxalic and did some buffing. All nuts there and appear original to me.

That's pretty much it. Any other questions please ask.

I have ridden the bike a number of times and it is enjoyable but there is some grinding feeling though the pedals which I think is coming from a somewhat worn but still useable rear hub.

IMG_1274.JPG
IMG_1552.JPG
IMG_1553.JPG
IMG_1551.JPG
IMG_1549.JPG
IMG_1548.JPG
IMG_1547.JPG
IMG_1543.JPG
IMG_1544.JPG
IMG_1545.JPG
IMG_1546.JPG
IMG_1542.JPG