When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1915 Dayton Motor Bicycle

-

kunzog

I live for the CABE
Thought you guys might like to see my latest project, a 1915 Dayton Motor Bicycle. I'm still looking for parts including the front 24 x 2.0 tire.

MyDayton-1.jpg

MyDayton1-1.jpg

That is AWESOME!!!!!! Let me know if you ever tire of it......
Keep us updated on the resto. bri.

kool bike. did not get any hits on your website for parts? that rim would not be that hard to find.

Holy Crap!!! That thing looks scary and incredible! What's the story with it? Did Dayton produce these as "turn-key" bikes or was it a kit deal? Great project!

Is that some sort of leaf spring assembly above the motor ? It makes sense when you think about it. What is the ISO of the tire you're looking for ?

That is a leaf spring that also serves as a fender. There are a few braces missing also. Original literature says that tire size is 24 x 2.0. The wheel measures 20 3/4 diameter and the rim width is 1" inside and 1 1/2" outside. Neither a 24 x 1.75 or a 24 x 2.125 bicycle tire will fit as they are too small diameter.

That is a leaf spring that also serves as a fender. There are a few braces missing also. Original literature says that tire size is 24 x 2.0. The wheel measures 20 3/4 diameter and the rim width is 1" inside and 1 1/2" outside. Neither a 24 x 1.75 or a 24 x 2.125 bicycle tire will fit as they are too small diameter.

I believe the 24 x 1.75/24 x 2.125 are 507mm. You may need a 520mm.

Back