When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1915? Great Western Manufacturing Co American

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

1959firearrow

Wore out three sets of tires already!
From a little research I've managed to come up with a single ad from 1915 that shows a bike with the same chainring as mine but what else is original? Truss rods?seat? Handlebars the have a single hole drilled,front wheel is all metal? Front rim measures 25 inches. I'm excited as I never figured I'd find another one this old.

KIMG0456.JPG

KIMG0457.JPG

KIMG0458.JPG

KIMG0459.JPG

KIMG0460.JPG

KIMG0461.JPG

FB_IMG_1527639132289.jpg

What's crazy is to at least get it to roll I put an old skiptooth morrow 26 wheel with a 2.125 tire and it clears. I've got a matching front. If I can get the adjusters loose I can at least get it rideable. One of the adjusters is broken clean off though.

The chain ring and crank look like they may be William H. Fauber patented "Fauber Special".
They appear to be the type with a drive pin in the spoke arm, round from what I see in the pictures.
I have seen another version, with the round drive pin hole on the opposite side.
Maybe also check the bottom bracket set for peculiar cups; e.g., threaded or notched (?).

Last edited:
The chain ring and crank look like they may be William H. Fauber patented "Fauber Special".
They appear to be the type with a drive pin in the spoke arm, round from what I see in the pictures.
I have seen another version, with the round drive pin hole on the opposite side.
Maybe also check the bottom bracket set for peculiar cups; e.g., threaded or notched (?).
I will have a look today if I can and get more pictures.

The seat post looks like the E.J. Lonn patent 1204797 of 1916 for stamping a shape from steel plate/sheet, and bending and welding into the necessary round cylindrical shapes, with an internal steel bar for reinforcement at the bend.
1204797 GWM E.J.Lonn Seat Post Stamped 1916_Page_1.jpg1204797 GWM E.J.Lonn Seat Post Stamped 1916_Page_2.jpg1204797 GWM E.J.Lonn Seat Post Stamped 1916_Page_3.jpg
1204797 GWM E.J.Lonn Seat Post Stamped 1916_Page_4.jpg

Last edited:
Back