When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1915 Napoleon project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here are some pics of the work I've done to repair the back rim.

rimchunk.jpg

rimclamp.jpg

rimfix.jpg

rimfix2.jpg

I still have some work to do on the rim fix. Afterward, I'm going to sand the rims and schellac them. I wanted to keep the bike as original as possible but the paint on the rims is pretty rough. Plus I really like the look of schellac on rims. I've rebuilt wood rims before and it's by far my favorite part of bringing TOC bikes back to life. I'm going to save it for last. Besides the rims I still have work to do on the hubs, rack, stand and the mounting hardware for the fenders.

Below is a pic of what the rims will look like finished.

IJtire.jpg

Cheers,
Phil

I like what you did with that preservation rather than a total, all out restoration to preserve the original paint & plating.

And, thanks for the recipe on cleaning!

I'm sure there is someone more knowledgeable about this topic than me who could provide better feedback. But what I understand is during the teens tanks, along with a lot of other accessories, were options added to bikes.

Back