When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1915 Napoleon project

-

PhilipJ

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello Cabers,

Thought I would post some pics of my 1915 Napoleon project. I'm typically more into high wheels and TOC safeties but I always liked motobikes. I recently purchased this Napoleon from a fellow Caber and I'm working to get it back to riding condition.

WARNING to all you patina lovers. If you scroll down you will not like what you see!! ;)

Here are some before and after pics of the preservation process.

napoleonfloor.jpg

napoleondirtyhb.jpg

napoleoncleanhb.jpg

napoleonfenders.jpg

napoleoncleanangle.jpg

napoleoncleanstand.jpg

I'm going to get it back on the road and use her for my next century ride. I plan to put white RD tires on it.

I'll post updates of the progress.

Cheers,
Phil

napoleonfloor.jpg

napoleondirtyhb.jpg

napoleoncleanhb.jpg

napoleonfenders.jpg

napoleoncleanangle.jpg

napoleoncleanstand.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job, I was a P L until now, you won me over. Seriously though, looking' great, can't wait to see the rider finished.

Hello Cabers,

Thought I would post some pics of my 1915 Napoleon project. I'm typically more into high wheels and TOC safeties but I always liked motobikes. I recently purchased this Napoleon from a fellow Caber and I'm working to get it back to riding condition.

WARNING to all you patina lovers. If you scroll down you will not like what you see!! ;)

Here are some before and after pics of the preservation process.

View attachment 174358

View attachment 174359

View attachment 174360

View attachment 174361

View attachment 174362

View attachment 174363

I'm going to get it back on the road and use her for my next century ride. I plan to put white RD tires on it.

I'll post updates of the progress.

Cheers,
Phil

Hi Phil, I think it is coming out great, you are doing a great job. What are you using to clean it up with?

Wow! that cleaned up good...... paint really pops now!!! Even pinstripe on struts!

Thanks for the kind words. I was excited to see so much of the original paint was still present.

I have a process for cleaning antique bikes.

1st I spray Tuff Stuff cleaner on the part and then go over it with fine steel wool
2nd I use Meguiars fine cut cleaner
3rd I use Meguiars #7 show car glaze (this stuff is amazing!)
4th I put wax on the part.

Cheers,
Phil

Good looking work. The modern cleaning/preservation products are great for bringing back old paint. It sure beats the days when you had just rubbing compounds and paste polish in the tins and what you got is what you got when you were done. We have many good choices for restoration products/polishes/etc today.

Back