When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1915 Sears Chief - Novice Needs Advice

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
the diamond cut out is 1917.

Attachments

• DSCN0861.jpg
    DSCN0861.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCN0862.jpg
    DSCN0862.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 84
Can someone explain the difference between the two stands? I don't really see the difference in the photos and ads that were posted.

the 1st. one is nonlocking the 2nd. one is able to lock with a paddle lock.

Attachments

• DSCN1831.jpg
    DSCN1831.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 165
  • searschief.jpg
    searschief.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 170
Lucky too, because I got jumped shortly before hand and they got away with $1,900 in the form of a check!

the 1st. one is nonlocking the 2nd. one is able to lock with a paddle lock.

I guess my real question is why is one referred to as "diamond cut"? I don't see in the ads how that differentiates one from the other. At least I don't see a diamond shape anywhere.

I guess my real question is why is one referred to as "diamond cut"? I don't see in the ads how that differentiates one from the other. At least I don't see a diamond shape anywhere.

Look carefully at the bike you are looking at and notice the drop stand attaches at the axle & going forward drops to below the frame, just below this area is a diamond cutout pattern. On the 1915 version with the locking feature, notice it attaches to the axle and then runs along the frame going forward on the bike and there is no drop down area below the frame but a tab at the top where a padlock can be used to lock the drop stand in the down position. Hope this helps explain it.

SearsChiefdropstands-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back