When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1917? 1919? Later? Haverford Black Beauty Pacer (need fork)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
no built in tension screws only banjo screws, and a better picture of the crowned fork and lugged miami frame

Nick.

balck beauty2.jpg
black beauty.jpg

So for my efficacy…you're saying a frame that's sans tension screws, with a crowned fork and with inserted lugs is propriety to a Miami build?

Collin, I apologize for highjacking your thread with my presentation of Miami vs No-Miami parts. I'll start a new post to share the nuances of manufacturers.

Back to your question:
When was the 'Black Beauty' name first used for a bicycle model? Haverford Cycle Co. was established in 1896

Is there any record of the bike's age from its serial number? I'm not sure

The arch bar is different in 1917 & 1919 catalogues and different again on my bike I'm not sure

And does anyone have a 28" front fork i could buy, to replace the bent one? can you offer a close up image of the fork's crown

Last edited:
i think the black beauty looks more like the miami

Black beauty crowning point on the top
black beauty fork.jpg

miami crowning point
miami fork.jpg

Not miami crowning point
miami  not fork.jpg

The non miami fork has a slight round top the miami fork has a bit of flat steel that meets the top

Nick.

... note the soft shoulder crown of the non Miami fork. To me it looks more like the Black Beauty fork?

How about the HP Snyder frames of the teens??? Little is known about these bikes. Until Snyder teamed up with DP Harris and badged bikes with DP Harris branding, there are virtually no known examples to reference for sure as being Snyder machines yet Snyder was building bikes. The only question is what jobber/badge bikes would they have made for? What other examples of a SNYDER built bikes do we know about from the teens?

1920 Snyder built Blue Ribbon line. Note the soft shoulder crown.

imageidnyp33433069061897seq331width1360-1.jpg

Who made the non Miami fork?
Thanks,
Chris

Here's a Miami fork on the left and a non Miami fork on the right; note the soft shoulder crown of the non Miami fork. To me it looks more like the Black Beauty fork?
1f10b631a78e4915afc21c852f49b50apng-1.jpg

e3b07686059d4ab296d8abfc61599a78png-1.jpg

1f37a1ddde5e4cd5af04991db9d3e07cpng-1.jpg

Now here's two Miami forks (both Racycles) similar in style, but not the same (the chrome one is thinner).
Screen20Shot202015032320at204163120PMpng-1.jpg

Screen20Shot202015032320at204162420PMpng-1.jpg

Screen20Shot202015032320at204173020PMpng-1.jpg

Back