eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

10~18kustoms

Finally riding a big boys bike
I'm not going for an exact clone of the 1917 catalog picture, But rather using my favorite elements from the catalog picture, and the couple of pictures of actual bike examples I could find. One of the things I did want for this build was a pair of Tiller bars like shown in the catalog picture, and the original cross brace bars were rusted through and unusable. (They are still getting used on a yard/barn light project). While I was waiting on the bright work to come back from the plating shop I was lucky enough to find a repop set of tiller bars from our fearless leader SM2501, and they were already Nickle plated.

10~18kustoms

Finally riding a big boys bike
Another feature I wanted from the catalog picture was the matching paint rims with white tires look. The original rear wood rim was beyond repair/reuse and there was no front with it. I didn't want to go with the era wood rims & single tube tires either, rather wanted something ridable so when I found a fellow CABE member offering a real nice Blunt 35 wheel set that also have super nice vintage hubs I knew these would work.

Once they arrived the rims were de-laced, then painted to match. Re-laced and white 700C tires mounted. Now all ready for final assembly next week when I get back from the Midwest Bicycle Swap in Haysville.