When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1917? Iver Johnson Truss

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SimpleMan

Finally riding a big boys bike
Finally ran across a project that I could afford and like. I believe it’s a 1917, give or take a little based on the info I found here on the CABE....thanks to those that post.

Looks to have rims / hubs from the late 20’s or early 30’s. Plated, clad rims, Model C New Departure and a Germany stamped front hub. Rest looks original to me..... I’d be interested in input.

Has the ghost of the Iver seat tube decal and down tube Iver Johnson script. Looks like head tube and darts are Bronze colored.

1B814C89-47DE-4569-B5C1-6EB69A55DA74.jpeg

96BA4843-8865-44C0-B67C-71AA67A3019C.jpeg

E6C7CBC4-A12C-495C-83E0-44D15EBE9FCC.jpeg

7B8C112C-936D-4B1D-A35D-7C083C00291C.jpeg

A2E21E27-B296-4A37-AA8D-5DF41912208B.jpeg

Last edited:
I was wondering if coke bottle or ball end grips would be appropriate for this bike based on these pictures. I borrowed these pictures from 47jchiggins 1915 Iver Johnson catalog that is for sale here on the Cabe.....thanks Todd.
Also wondered if Torrington 8’s are close to correct. Thanks.

Bars on the bottom right are similar and look to have ball end grips.
29016111-A4F0-4A88-9286-8B451FFCD671.jpeg

B8A1658F-F41A-44F7-BBEF-3EA71CCA4CFE.jpeg

Wow! That is a beauty! I do not know the serial numbers off the top of my head but you sound about right on the year. Find the Iver Johnson thread here on theCabe, alot of good info in it! Curious about the German stamped hub?? Looks like the hoops match. Hub original? Do you have pedals? Curious what they look like also. Pics? If you ever break up with this pretty girl, give me a ring! Would love to own it!

Love it ! That is one great looking Iver you found there ! Looks to me like a Model 87 Truss Frame Roadster with a 22" frame. This is the perfect find as far as I'm concerned. Has the relatively hard (at least harder) to find early "flat" fenders................the drop stand may have been added as I don't think they were offered back then. The color of the darts is quite interesting. Iver did offer an optional "yellow with black head" bike in the late teens so I would guess that they would also do the opposite, a "black with yellow head" which would explain the yellowish/bronze looking darts. In any case a fantastic find.
Pete in Fitchburg

I do not have pedals for it. I was going to run a set of Torrington 8’s on it. Looking for input as to what it may have had.

I don’t know when the drop stand was put on. It looks correct to me or at least Iver Johnson.

image.jpg

I have ball ends on my 1912. Made some wood grips originally, but the rubber ball ends are much more comfortable and seem correct from the catalogs. From the photos, the darts look like they were originally white to me and the bike either sat near some kind of filth generator or maybe they were varnished a long time ago to cause the current discolored look.

Back